Fujitsu Hardware Maintenance & Services
SMS makes no compromises when it comes to the expertise and mission critical responsiveness provided to its clients. As one of the most respected independent Fujitsu® hardware maintenance and support providers in the world, we provide our clients with a cost-efficient Fujitsu support model designed for post-warranty maintenance for all PRIMEPOWER® servers. By extending the useful life of Fujitsu hardware well beyond the End-of-Life declaration, we enable businesses to reduce the total cost of ownership and generate a greater return from their IT investments.
Well known by Gartner and IDC, and having a long list of Fujitsu hardware support references, we offer more than a simple break/fix service. Listening closely to our clients’ needs in order to provide a proactive and consultative Fujitsu support service, we provide expert guidance over the course of an IT asset’s lifecycle, helping to create new efficiencies in IT operations and simplifying the responsibilities of IT managers.
- Expert Field Engineering Team supported globally by 60+ specialists in the SMS Central Engineering Group
- Proactive support maximises Fujitsu systems uptime
- Enhanced service contract, service incident and IT asset management via SMS Supportal
- Expert guidance throughout IT asset lifecycles
- Competitively priced Fujitsu support
- Increased control of capital equipment expenses and a greater ROI from IT asset lifecycle extensions well beyond the OEM’s End-of-Life (EoL)/End-of-Service-Life (EoSL) declaration
- Tailored SLAs that allow optimisation of response and repair requirements for each IT asset
Fujitsu Hardware Maintenance and Support highlights:
- Global service availability
- 90+ SMS-owned and operated service centres worldwide
- Vast global network of trusted affiliates
- 600+ highly trained, full-time Field Engineers located worldwide
- Level 3 & 4 global technical support via 60+ member Central Engineering Group
- Comprehensive service assurance process
- Tailored, asset-level SLAs
- Numerous methods for initiating a service request
- Callback from Field Engineer within 30 minutes of service initiation
- < 2-hour average response time
- < 4-hour average MTTR
- Field engineers arrive on-site with tested parts in-hand
- Documented escalation procedures
- Microcode/firmware recommendations
- Carefully designed parts sparing system for each Fujitsu platform
- Strategic stocking locations for parts and complete systems
- Secure data erasure options available
- Fix-IT-First® policy
- HotSparesSM process
Reliable support, expert guidance and earned trust that allows you to breathe easy.
Our support infrastructure is made up of many highly trained and experienced specialists not only well-versed in supporting Fujitsu hardware, but most other major OEMs as well. These specialists include:
- OEM agnostic, multi-platform trained Field Engineers
- Central Engineering Group (CEG) comprised of level three and four technical support specialists that provide global support to field operations
- Specialised Product Managers
- Product Development Managers
- Hardware planning experts
- IT asset management experts.
In order to mitigate risk, proactive support is required. Key components of our support infrastructure that enable proactive support include:
- Call-home reporting monitored directly by the SMS Call Centre.
- Historical knowledgebase containing many decades worth of data on past Fujitsu hardware issues and resolutions. This information allows SMS to conduct failure trend analysis and stay one step ahead of system issues.
Going beyond the hardware break/fix service to support clients with an OEM neutral perspective and expert guidance is the SMS Hardware and Infrastructure Solutions Team. These specialists are available to help businesses better manage IT asset lifecycles, improve operational efficiencies and control costs with:
- Operating and capital cost reduction modeling in hardware environments
- Processing power improvement planning
- Expanded storage planning
- Hardware consolidation (with or without application consolidation drivers)
- Emerging technologies advisement
- Balancing TCO vs. the timeliness of OEM-driven technology innovation
- Real evidence that “End of Marketing” does not always mean “End of Life”.
With an intense focus on providing exactly what the client needs, when the client needs it, at a price point that saves IT budgets versus breaking them, businesses can breathe easy with SMS as their partner and trusted advisor.
From the highly innovative support infrastructure, to the incredibly skilled and experienced support teams, no other independent Fujitsu hardware maintainer can match the responsiveness, service quality and expert guidance provided by SMS.
Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER Product Support Listing
Note: Not all supported Fujitsu products may be listed.
|Supported Models||Mission Critical On-site||Critical On-site||Solaris OS Support|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 100 (PP 100)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 200 (PP 200)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 250 (PP 250)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 400 (PP 400)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 450 (PP 450)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 600 (PP 600)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 650 (PP 650)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 800 (PP 800)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 850 (PP 850)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 900 (PP 900)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 1000 (PP 1000)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 1500 (PP 1500)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 2000 (PP 2000)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 2500 (PP 2500)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Increase productivity and protect your budget with IT hardware from SMS.
Learn more »
Europe, Middle East & Africa:
+44 121 251 5151