Enterprise Storage Hardware Maintenance & Support Services
SMS is one of the largest and most respected independent enterprise storage maintenance and support providers in the world. With a cost-efficient support model designed for mission-critical post-warranty maintenance, we are able to provide substantial savings across enterprise storage platforms that include, IBM®, EMC®, NetApp®, Oracle®/Sun®, HP® and Hitachi Data Systems® (HDS). By extending the useful life of enterprise storage systems beyond their End-of-Life declaration, we deliver significant business benefits by reducing the total cost of ownership and generating a greater return from their IT investments.
Well known by Gartner and IDC, and having a long list of enterprise storage support references, we offer more than a simple break/fix service. Listening closely to our clients’ needs in order to provide a proactive and consultative service, we provide expert guidance over the course of an IT asset’s lifecycle, helping to create new efficiencies in IT operations and simplifying the responsibilities of IT managers.
- Expert Field Engineering Team supported globally by 60+ specialists in the SMS Central Engineering Group
- Proactive support maximisies storage systems uptime
- Enhanced service contract, service incident and IT asset management via SMS Supportal
- Expert guidance throughout IT asset lifecycles
- Competitively priced enterprise storage support
- Increased control of capital equipment expenses and a greater ROI from IT asset lifecycle extensions well beyond the OEM’s End-of-Life (EoL)/End-of-Service-Life (EoSL) declaration
- Tailored SLAs that allow optimisation of response and repair requirements for each IT asset
Enterprise Storage Hardware Maintenance and Support highlights:
- Average savings of 50% compared to the OEM
- Global service availability
- 90+ SMS-owned and operated service centres worldwide
- Vast global network of trusted affiliates
- 600+ highly trained, full-time Field Engineers located worldwide
- Level 3 & 4 global technical support via 60+ member Central Engineering Group
- Call-home error alert monitoring availability
- Comprehensive service assurance process
- Tailored, asset-level SLAs
- Numerous methods for initiating a service request
- Callback from Field Engineer within 30 minutes of service initiation
- < 2-hour average response time
- < 4-hour average MTTR
- Field engineers arrive on-site with tested parts in-hand
- Documented escalation procedures
- Microcode/firmware support guidance
- Carefully designed parts sparing system
- Strategic stocking locations for parts and complete systems
- Secure data erasure options available
- Fix-IT-First® policy
- HotSparesSM process
Reliable support, expert guidance and earned trust that allows you to breathe easy.
Our support infrastructure is made up of many highly trained and experienced specialists well-versed in supporting most major OEM storage products. These specialists include:
- OEM agnostic, multi-platform trained Field Engineers
- Central Engineering Group (CEG) comprised of level three and four technical support specialists that provide global support to field operations
- Specialised Product Managers
- Product Development Managers
- Hardware planning experts
- IT asset management experts.
In order to mitigate risk, proactive support is required. Key components of our support infrastructure that enable proactive support include:
- Call-home error alert monitoring allowing a rapid response and quick resolution of system issues. (Only available on enterprise storage systems equipped with the required features.)
- Historical knowledgebase containing many decades worth of data on past enterprise storage issues and resolutions. This information allows SMS to conduct failure trend analysis and stay one step ahead of system issues.
Going beyond the hardware break/fix service to support our clients with an OEM neutral perspective and expert guidance is the SMS Hardware and Infrastructure Solutions Team. These specialists are available to help businesses better manage IT asset lifecycles, improve operational efficiencies and control costs with:
- Operating and capital cost reduction modeling in hardware environments
- Processing power improvement planning
- Expanded storage planning
- Hardware consolidation (with or without application consolidation drivers)
- Emerging technologies advisement
- Balancing TCO vs. the timeliness of OEM-driven technology innovation
- Real evidence that “End of Marketing” does not always mean “End of Life”.
With an intense focus on providing exactly what the client needs, when the client needs it, at a price point that saves IT budgets versus breaking them, businesses can breathe easy with SMS as their partner and trusted advisor.
From our highly innovative support infrastructure, to our incredibly skilled and experienced support teams, no other independent Enterprise Storage maintainer can match the responsiveness, service quality and expert guidance provided by SMS.
Enterprise Storage Product Line Support Listing
Note: Not all supported enterprise storage products may be listed.
|Supported Enterprise Storage Products|
|EMC Symmetrix (including DMX)||NetApp F Series|
|EMC VNX||NetApp FAS Series|
|EMC Connectrix||NetApp IBM branded N Series|
|EMC CLARiiON||Oracle/Sun (Sun)|
|EMC Celerra||Sun StorEdge|
|IBM ESS Shark||Hitachi Data Systems (HDS)|
|IBM DS3XXX||HDS 95XX|
|IBM DS4XXX||HDS 99XX|
|IBM DS5XXX||HDS USP Series|
|IBM DS68XX||HDS AMS Series|
|IBM TS3XXX||HDS XP Series|
|Most IBM tape storage systems||HP|
|Most tape library & VTS systems||HP Enterprise Virtual Arrays (EVA)|
|HP Modular Storage Arrays (MSA)|
|HP Modular Storage Libraries|
Increase productivity and protect your budget with IT hardware from SMS.
Learn more »
Europe, Middle East & Africa:
+44 121 251 5151